FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT RDP THIN CLIENTS
In addition to the reasons mentioned above, such as low costs, high security standards, low energy consumption, central management of thin clients and user-friendliness, there are many other advantages that speak in favor of the RDP client solutions from NComputing.
- Optimized for deployment of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and VERDE VDI.
- Easy to Deploy, Wi-Fi Capable, Centralized Management and Low Cost of Ownership
- Support of Microsoft RDS (RDP protocol) for RemoteApp and Remote Desktop connection as well as VERDE VDI (RDP protocol)
- Full multimedia playback with Microsoft RemoteFX and NComputing SuperRDP (vCAST Streaming) support (requires separate SuperRDP license).
- Multimedia enhancement through Microsoft RemoteFX and NComputing SuperRDP support (requires separate SuperRDP license).
- Comprehensive USB peripheral support
Dual monitor display function
- Integrated PMC device management software for central administration
The RDP Thin Clients RX-420-RDP and RX-RDP generally differ in the hardware used and the associated technical possibilities for your workstations. An example is the integrated dual screen capability of the RX-420-RDP. The RX-RDP requires a dual monitor dongle to use a second display. This is not necessary for the RX-420-RDP Thin Client. In addition, the RX-420-RDP comes with USB 3.0, 5 GH/z WLAN and improved processor.
The Pi Management Console (PMC) allows you to manage your installation over local and remote networks, behind firewalls and NAT routers. Automatic detection, check-in, flexible configuration and deployment of new devices make deployment easy.
Schedule firmware updates and manage all your devices through a web browser.Planen Sie Firmware-Updates und verwalten Sie alle Ihre Geräte über einen Webbrowser.
We will gladly provide you with a free device for testing in your environment. You can do the test above and find the right thin client for you. If you are eligible for our POC, an NComputing employee will contact you promptly after your request.
Microsoft Windows Servers*
• Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2016 (Multipoint Services)
• Windows Server 2012 R2 U1, Windows Server Multipoint Server 2012
• Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Microsoft Windows Desktops (for 1-1 VDI)**
• Windows 10, 8.1, 7 SP1
The Linux based operating system for the Raspberry Pi devices is unfortunately not available in the RX RDP thin client version. If you want to reach the Linux interface on the client, you should have a look at our RX300 thin clients.
Optional Super RDP Server Pack license available (to enable vCAST video streaming in the RDP session).
Optional AMP for RX-RDP subscription for next year software maintenance update and enhanced support.
The purchase of an RX-RDP device includes an license for PMC.